First crazy act:
Earlier today I was checking my email and Jackson was eating a snack right by me. He got up and went out of the room, but I could still hear him so I knew he wasn't far. I got up a few minutes later and he wasn't just around the corner like I thought. I did notice something a little odd, though. His blue snack bowl was on the third step of the stairs. I just thought he must have thrown it through the baby gate. I kept walking around to the other side of the stairs (we have a double staircase) and found him at the bottom of those stairs trying very hard to get out. Somehow Little Houdini had managed to get into the first gate, crawl up the stairs, then down the other set of stairs and was trying to fanagle his way out and back into the living room! I was completely dumbfounded. Baby Gate, do your job!
Second crazy act:
We went over to the Hays' this afternoon for a little visit. When we got there, only Andrew and Scott (Jared's two brothers) were there. We were all hanging out in the front room--Jackson was playing with some toys, but then decided to turn his attention to the computer. In order to distract him, we handed him the cordless phone...something he never gets to do over there, but I thought it was a good idea. (He plays with our phones all the time and the worst he's ever done is call my Papaw one night around 9:30). Anyway, soon after Grandpa Hays came home and so Jackson's time with the phone came to an end. About 30 minutes later the doorbell rang. Grandpa got up to answer it--lo and behold it's a policeman! Yes, that's right, a cop is at the Hays' front door. Do you want to know why? Oh, that would be because someone had called 911!!! Apparantly this runs in the family because after the cop left Warren told me about the time when Andrew called 911 because Jared was bothering him. He had heard to call 911 whenever you have trouble. Andrew said that Jared had been messing with his stuff, so he needed some help. Ha! Gotta love little boys:)
After all of that excitement, it was time to head home. I guess the little man wore himself out with all of those antics because this was him by the time we got to our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment