Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sweet Cousins

Jackson and his cousin have known each other for all of 6 days now, but they have progressed tremendously! Here's Jackson checking out Madison the first night they met.





The first day Jackson didn't even realize that Madison was a real, live baby. The second day, though, she started crying when we went to visit her at the hospital and that tipped him off. I was trying to change her diaper and since she doesn't like to get out of her blankets, this was not a popular decision. Jackson was in the other room, but as soon as he heard her crying he came running. He started crying and wrapped both arms around my leg! It was quite a scene.



We've been to visit them a few times since they came home from the hospital. The first time, Jackson did not like me getting anywhere near Madison. One time I was walking over to hand someone a bottle to feed her and he got in between us, pushed my shoulder and grunted. I think the grunt meant ,"Whoa! What do you think you're doing, Missy?" A little later that night, I was holding her while sitting on the couch. Jackson climbed up me, wrapped both arms around my neck and got his point across very effectively..."this is MY mommy!"



Yesterday was so much better, though! He even kind of gave her a kiss. It was really sweet. He tried to touch her gently, and that didn't so much work out, but he no longer went crazy every time I touched her. I am so excited! Now maybe we can be more of a help, rather than a hinderance, when we go visit:) Yay, Jackson!



No comments:

Blog Archive