Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Little Evel Knievel

Jackson has turned into quite the little daredevil the past few days. I know that a trip to the ER is definitely in our future, I'm just hoping for the best at this point! He loves to climb on anything, especially things that are unsteady. It all started last week when he drug his high chair tray over to the living room and set it on the floor. He then stood on top of it and tried to "surf." This was really funny because he happened to be wearing a polo, shorts and sandals, so he totally looked like a little surfer dude. Anyway, now he has graduated to much more substantial heights. Just take a look at his antics from this morning...


"Surfing" in the rocking chair.


When I tell him to sit down, this is as far as he will go--the squat position. Then it's right back up again!

Moving on over to scale the zebra chair. He actually fell off of this yesterday, but it doesn't seem to be registering with him today. Oh my, I really thought that made an impression.


Climbing from our leather living room chair onto a small end table. Pretty pleased with himself, as you can tell.


Then over to the other (much less stable) end table. He did this yesterday, too, and almost gave me a heart attack! Notice he's still got that huge smile on his face. Hopefully he'll find something else that makes him this happy and we can move on to less dangerous things. Jackson, for my sake, please stop being so crazy!!


2 comments:

Pint Sized Life said...

Oh dear! You definitely have a dare devil!! Take it from me, avoid the ER at ALL COSTS! Head to an acute care place if they are still open. It is definitely not fun to be in an ER for 3 hours with a little one!

Monica said...

Wow! Good luck! I never quite got those kiddie corral circular gate things until now...I used to think they were cruel but now I can see their necessity;) Judah has just started climbing recently too and it makes me want to spend all day in the backyard with him playing!

Blog Archive