Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Wedding Weekend

 Way back in the day, there were four girls who lived together in college.  We shared so many good times in Austin, and laughed harder than I can ever remember.  Jen was the first one of us to get married, but it turns out he wasn't the guy for her.  She's been happily dating Nicky for the past 6 years, and they finally got engaged!  So even though their wedding was the day before Jackson's birthday, and it was in Houston, I knew there was no way that I could miss it.  I just had to be there to celebrate her finally getting her "happily ever after."   

Amanda flew in from Abilene and we hopped on a plane for Houston. We stayed at Carol's house and made it in time for the Friday night event.  It was so great to see all my girls!

We chatted the night away and enjoyed delicious margaritas.

Jen's maiden name is Hickey, hence the #nickygotahickey.  Hahaha!


He's such a nice guy and loves Jen so much.  We couldn't be happier for them!

Meanwhile, at home, things were rocking along pretty well.  While Jackson went to his soccer game, and Lila went to her softball practice, Jared took Cami with him to the TCU basketball game.  I heard that she thought it was way cool!


Everyone met back up at PSA that afternoon to cheer on Jackson and the Mavericks in the championship game.

I heard that they really played great!

I was so sad to be missing this big day for him, but I was keeping close tabs all throughout the game.

This kid can play some mean defense.  He's got such long arms!

Although they were getting beat at halftime, they had pulled away by the 4th quarter.

When the clock ran out, they had sealed the deal.
6th grade Champs!

Another big trophy to add to his collection.

Down in Houston, the girls and I were headed to the wedding.

Nicky is Greek, so the wedding was in a Greek Orthodox Church. Definitely the most interesting wedding ceremony I've ever seen!  Full of tradition and so unlike a Baptist wedding! 

So beautiful.

Cheers to Mr. and Mrs. Nicky Stillman!

There was a cocktail hour...

followed by a gorgeous reception...


that included dancing with these girls.  So much fun!

At the same time, there was a party going on back in Murphy as well.

The whole fam came over to hang out and wish Jackson a happy birthday.

Happy Birthday dear Jackson!!!


No comments:

Blog Archive