Monday, May 7, 2018

Home Run!

Jackson has been playing baseball for a long time.  Since he was 4 years old, actually!  He  has played in extreme heat and in blustery cold, but never have the elements been so atrocious as they were a couple weeks ago.  He had an 8am game and it was only 34 degrees.  With the 40 mph winds factored in, they were playing in 18 degrees windchill!  Holy cow!  That's freezing in every sense of the word.  Even his daddy said it was unbelievably cold.  I made the call to stay home with the girls in our warm house, and we followed his games on game changer.  During the first game, guess what happened?  I still can't even believe it.
Jackson Hays hit his very first out-of-the-park HOMERUN!!! I couldn't believe that I missed it, but I was so crazy happy for him!  He led his team to a win that game and even though his body was frozen, he had the biggest grin on his face.  Way to go, #7!

No comments:

Blog Archive