Friday, February 3, 2017

Zoo Date

 We had our second trip to the Zoo before the cold front blew in this week.  
Sunny and 78 degrees in January. I'll take it!
Dallas Zoo, here we come.


Dylan and Jenny met us there and both kids were SO excited.
First up, Cami introduced Dylan to Rafiki!

Then we were on to see the elephants.
Both kids said that these are their favorite animals.
I get it.
They are just really cool to watch.

Pure sweetness.  So cute I can hardly stand it.

Next up--visiting our old friends, the giraffes!

Dylan and his mommy fed the big one first.  Look at that tongue!

Cami and I went next.  She wasn't as fearless as last time and insisted on me feeding him.


I understand why, too!  It was pretty intimidating being face to face with a hungry giraffe!

Making memories while we still get to spend three days a week together--priceless.
We said goodbye to these majestic creatures...

and then went to say hello to the cheetah.


We also spotted the sleeping lion...

but these kids were WAY more into sitting on the elephant statues.  They both "rode" the baby elephant...

and then Cami even asked to get on the big one all by herself.

When we couldn't see the gorillas very well, she appeased herself by getting a piggy back ride from this one.  

We ate our picnic lunch, then waited for our train to arrive.
This little girl was "on top of the world!"

We zipped around the zoo, going under waterfalls...


looking at chimps, and even catching a glimpse of Dallas.  "Hi Daddy!"


We ended our afternoon by playing in the Children's Zoo.
The water was freezing cold, but she didn't care!

"You can do it, Dylan!"
What a perfect way to spend our day.


This big girl even took a nap on the way home, in her dry clothes:)


No comments:

Blog Archive