Monday, July 18, 2016

Summer Loves

This summer is going by entirely too fast.  We are trying our best to soak up every single day, but they are just flying by.  In the last week, things have slowed down (a bit!) and we've been able to do some things on our Summer Fun List.


We've had lots of sleepovers with Madison...

cleaned out the playroom.  Yep, these are all extra toys!  Happy to say I gave a good amount away and we are saving the rest for a garage sale.
Summer means camps and my girls attended Dance Camp with Brooklynn, Finley and Kate. 

Movies!
While they were dancing the morning away, I took these two to enjoy a favorite summer pass time--we saw The Secret Life of Pets. I knew Jackson would behave, but I wasn't so sure about my rowdy youngest.  She did great, though!  We just kept that popcorn flowing and then she snuggled up in my lap for the last half hour.  A win for everyone!  And we all liked the movie, too:)


Since my girls spent the afternoon with the Shubzdas on Monday, I returned the favor on Wednesday.  These girls had a blast during our afternoon swim.

By Thursday, it was time to see their performance.  Lila got paired with Lily.  So precious!

A few hours later, we were back for the show!  The theme was Under the Sea, featuring songs from The Little Mermaid.

There are my girls on the stage!  They did jazz, 

ballet, 

tap, 

and everyone's favorite--hip hop.  Get it girl!
We were very proud of these girls.  They knew their routines and performed them really well.


An hour later, we were chilling in the pool again with Brooke and Ben Baldwin.

These boys go hard, so I catch them before their basketball mania began!


Everyone had fun, I even convinced my water monkey to float on the turtle for two seconds.

Summer also means going to your first sleep-away camp.  Jackson and Cooper have been looking forward to this for months!  We dropped them off on Friday morning and said goodbye for four nights.  They come home tomorrow and I can't wait!!!  I hope they have had a fantastic time and God has spoken to their hearts.

And finally, slowing down a bit, also means that I got to see this girl play a whole game!  She and the Bees won their third straight game.  Before J left, he said, "you know, mom, Lila is the best defender in the league."  At first I thought he was just being partial, but after watching her this weekend, I realized he might be onto something.  She's amazing, and I get so much happiness out of watching her do something she absolutely loves.

No comments:

Blog Archive