There are so many reasons why I love the month of December, but this one has got me running around like crazy some days. It seems like we are always running to either soccer, basketball or football, and we even had some baseball thrown in the mix last week.
 |
| Maddie is playing on two soccer teams this winter and doing well on each one. Get 'em, girl! |
 |
| We have had Santa at our house and gone to see him at the Anderson's house the same weekend:) |
 |
In between shopping for Christmas, we've tried to take time to enjoy ourselves. After being really good while birthday shopping for Memaw, the kids enjoyed a cookie at the fountain.
A little bribery never did hurt anyone. |
 |
On Thursday night I somehow made it to my annual ornament exchange at Urban Rio with my girlfriends. It was an especially tough day, starting with taking Jackson and two buddies to football, then Lila to dance, then back across town to pick up the boys, then back to get Lila. When I picked her up, she really didn't look good and said she felt bad. By the time we got home she was running 102 fever. No!!! This simply can't happen this time of year. I got her some medicine and broke her fever and was this close to cancelling my dinner with the girls. I so wanted to go, but I just didn't have the energy. Jared got home in time to stay with the kids, and I put on a different shirt and some lipstick and headed out the door. He assured me that he could handle it and take care of sweet Lila for a few hours. I'm so glad that I went, too! It's always so refreshing to see all my friends, especially when we don't have little ones around asking us to do 65 things for them:)
By the time I got home, all three kids were asleep. Go Dad! Too bad it didn't last. Lila woke up around 2am running fever again, so I slept in her bed the rest of the night. |
 |
The next morning we were up bright and early and Jackson was pumped it was his party day at school. It was such a bummer that Lila had to miss hers. I started in Jackson's room...
|
 |
and was there when their student teacher, Ms. Florez, came back for a quick visit.
These kids just love her! |
 |
| I helped the kids make an ornament and then snapped J on Santa CJ's lap! |
 |
| Jackson has had an excellent first semester of 3rd grade and it's all because of his amazing teacher. We love Mrs. Galvan. She keeps it fun and interesting and makes him really like school. |
 |
| I headed down to Kindergarten next because I'm one of the room mom's. The kids enjoyed making their crafts and decorating their snacks. Sweet Lauren asked about her friend Lila and was sad she couldn't make it. |
 |
| Pretty soon after that, all the kids got a great big surprise--Mrs. Pool came to see them! Their teacher had surgery before Thanksgiving and experienced a lot of complications, so she wasn't able to come back to teach. She had tears in her eyes as she started hugging each one of them, and I did, too. She loves these kids so much. When she saw Lila wasn't there, she asked for our address. She tried to come by that afternoon, but when she called Lila was asleep and hadn't been feeling well at all. She's planning on making a special trip to see her over the break--Lila can hardly wait. |
 |
| On Sunday, Lila was finally feeling better and had been on her antibiotics long enough to be able to get out and about. We got dressed for church and went to hear a good message by our lead pastor. |
 |
| Only 5 more days until Christmas and these kids are so very ready! |
 |
| Last night we went to the Squiers house for our annual holiday dinner. We had a delicious dinner... |
 |
| then the kids got ready to open their gifts. |
 |
| Cameron knew just what to do! She got a super-fun Mickey Mouse book! |
 |
Lila was equally as happy with her new make-up kit. This girl LOVES her some fancy make-up. Brother got athletic clothes that somehow fit him perfectly even though they are size 10-12.
This 8 year old kid is such a giant! |
 |
| After presents, the kids got to decorate and eat homemade sugar cookies. |
 |
| They loved every single second of it. |
 |
| Pretty and scrumptious! |
Only 3 days left until the BIG DAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment