After a full week of inching back their bedtimes, we actually did it! Everyone was awake at 6:30am with smiles on their faces, and ready to start a new adventure at school this year.
 |
| It was a really big day-- Kindergarten and 3rd grade! |
 |
| After enjoying some Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, Jackson rode to school with me, and Lila went with her daddy. |
 |
We saw lots of friendly faces on the way into school. The sun even got up with us earlybirds, too.
It was a beautiful morning.
We had them practice walking into the building together and made them hold hands. J is going to escort his little sister to class for the first week, so we wanted to make sure they knew the drill--and it was a fantastic photo op, too:)
|
 |
| I asked the kids which room we were going to first and Lila shouted, "mine!" She was SO happy when we turned the corner and saw Mrs. Pool's smiling face. She put her arms out wide and Lila ran up and gave her a big hug. My heart just smiled. |
 |
Big Kindergarteners even have their own lockers.
Lila's happens to be #6, her daddy's favorite number:) |
 |
| Our sweet girl is so ready for this new chapter in her life. She already has a love for math (and is good at it!) and can read pretty well, too. Her daddy told her that they might just go ahead and promote her to 1st grade! I hope not. Kindergarten is going to be way too much fun! |
 |
After making sure she was all good, we said goodbye to our newest Hunt Hound
and headed to 3rd grade. |
 |
Third grade! Where the lockers are HUGE! Jackson is one of the tallest in his grade, and he still looked small next to his mammoth locker.
I was able to sweet talk these two into taking a quick pic together. They have been in the same class all four years. Not only is Lucy cute and athletic, she's also really smart. Jackson may or may not have had a crush on her back in the day...
|
 |
| Weren't they just too precious?! |
 |
Now they are in the older half of the school, where they have textbooks and get real grades.
I know they will both continue to excel. |
 |
I couldn't leave without checking on my girl one more time. This time when I walked in to her class, she had a table full of friends with her. Doing good!
|
 |
A few hours later, the whole gang was at our house!
Aunt Colleen made them these fun signs. Too cute.
Cami and I had had a wonderful day together. No crazy brother and sister running around? This is genius!
She even helped me bake the back-to-school cake--and got to lick the batter off the beaters, too! Now that's what I'm talking about, mom!
|
 |
All three had an awesome first day of school. Whew!
Lila said, "Mom, this was my most exciting day ever. And I've had a lot of really exciting days!" I think that says it all. Could not have gone any better! |
No comments:
Post a Comment