Somehow, someway, Jackson just finished AN ENTIRE YEAR OF KINDERGARTEN! How is that even possible?! It seriously just flew by. Well, maybe with the exception of the last week since it was jam-packed with all kinds of activities and things to remember to send to school. Let's see, there was "Bring your favorite board game" day, as well as "Favorite Book Day," "Favorite Puzzle Day" and Yearbook signing day, too! All of that, on top of completing the end of year gift for Mr. Gomez and making two race cars for the class almost did me in. It was very close, but I made it!
 |
| I surprised J with these cool new tennis shoes on his last morning of school. He's been asking for tennis shoes that tie for a while now, and I thought they would make the perfect gift for him doing so well in school. He got a smiley face for good behavior every single day he was at school this year. No notes home or sad faces. I thought that deserved a reward! |
 |
| He was so happy the whole time he ate his pillsbury cinnamon rolls and thought about how cool his new shoes were going to look on his feet:) |
 |
| Not to mention the good hops he had with them! |
 |
| Wow! Such a big kid, now. |
 |
| He and Lucy soaked up every last minute together. They are so cute with each other! |
 |
| We also gave Mr. Gomez the gift we'd been working on all week. All 20 kids put their handprint on it and signed it, too. At the top it said, "Hands down, Mr. Gomez, we think you're the best!" He loved it and told me it's already hanging in this classroom. It'll be fun to go look at in years to come. |
 |
| After that, we got ready for the big race outside. |
 |
| Jackson went second and ran that Batman car well. |
 |
| It was such a long car, though, that it started buckling when he really got going! Oops! |
 |
| Rachel was up first for the girls and got them off to a great start. I loved the girls' car. It's supposed to look like Venelope's car from Wreck It Ralph. Pretty sweet, if I do say so myself:) |
 |
| They needed one extra boy, so Jackson got to run again. By the end of the race, the car was in sad shape. Both handles were broken and the sides were collapsing, too. Thank goodness they were able to finish racing before it completely fell apart! |
 |
| The girls rocked it and won their race. Way to go, girlies! |
 |
| I honestly don't know who won the boys' race. Jackson says that his team did, but that might just be wishful thinking! They did really good, though, and it was a fun way to end the year. After the races were over, everyone went back to their classrooms, had a pizza party, did a craft and then said their goodbyes. See ya in August, Hunt Elementary! |
1 comment:
I am utterly exhausted just from reading that post. I think you deserve a mom of the year award!
Post a Comment