Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is such a special night for our family.  It's sort of the calm before the storm!

This year we took advantage of an earlier church time and went at 4:00.  That way we had plenty of time for everything else that night and weren't so rushed.

Meme, Gigi and Boom met us at church--no pics with them, though, b/c they were already inside saving our seats.  All afternoon I had been so apprehensive about having Maddie and Jackson in "big church."  They did so good, though!  Really and truly--they both got As!!  It was a wonderful service and we all enjoyed it.  My favorite part, by far, had to have been when we were singing Silent Night.  I looked over to my right and Maddie was sweetly singing along.  Then I looked to my left and J was doing the same.  Right then they both looked like angels.  And I guess in a way, they are.

After church, we came home to get ready for dinner with the Hays Fam.

We all enjoyed the lasagna and salads from Sali's and then it was time for some birthday cake!  Earlier that day the kids and I had made a birthday cake for Jesus. 
They were so excited to finally get to celebrate.

And even though Miss Lila doesn't get that the reason we celebrate Christmas is because it's Jesus' birthday, she still loves her some good chocolate cake.  All in due time.

Before everyone left for the night, the kids got in their Chrismas pj's and got ready to go look at some Christmas lights.  They lasted about 10 minutes before falling asleep in the car. Thank goodness. 
Santa's helpers had lots to do!

No comments:

Blog Archive