Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dallas Arboretum

Fall at the Dallas Arboretum.  It doesn't get much prettier.  Last Friday the gang and I headed out to see all of the pumpkins and enjoy a really beautiful day outdoors.

Right after we arrived, Daddy Long Legs hopped up on this huge pumpkin.

On our way to the pumpkin patch, I snapped this pretty picture.

After the little one refusing to wear the tutu at first, we finally convinced her it was not that bad!  There were many factors to contend with, such as babies and birds.


If Lila saw either one of those, she was off and running towards it!  By the way, there are many babies and many birds at the Arbo.

Another hurdle was Madison's alter ego, Batgirl, who decided to come out during our pictures.  So random!  Months ago when Jackson decided to be Batman for Halloween, he tried very hard to convince Maddie to be Batgirl.  She declined, rather adamantly at times, and I didn't blame her.  For some reason, though, she decided last Friday was the time to channel her inner superhero!  Here she and J are both showing off their superhuman strength...

...and here again with a really mean face!

One of the main reasons we went this year was to see Cinderella's Pumpkin House.  I thought Maddie would be in heaven.  When I saw this carriage, I thought her head might pop off with excitement.  Needless to say, she was not all that excited about the carriage, but I thought it was really cool! 

After a picnic lunch it was time to go pet the animals.  Lila's favorite was this horse.  He was in his own stall and she could reach over and pet him.  The horse was very laid-back.

Unlike this baby goat who pursued Lila quite a bit!  We guessed it was her fancy tutu that caught his eye.  She was not amused, though, and we had to leave pretty quickly!

J, on the other hand, told me that he could stay in there and brush this goat for "a week." 

As soon as Lila escaped from that silly billy goat, she found her some more black birds and was off and running.  That's pretty much how we spent the last hour at the Arboretum--chasing laughing children.  Their smiles were infectious, but we just did our best to keep up!

No comments:

Blog Archive