Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Why?

Some of you may remember that Jackson took a long time to start talking. We even had a speech therapist come to our house once a week for about 6 months and right after that ended he started to talk. He literally went from 9 words one week to 60 the next. After that we couldn't keep track anymore! During that frusterating 6 month time period, though, everyone liked to tell me how one day I would be wishing he would STOP talking. I would smile and nod my head in agreement, but inside I was thinking, "yeah, right--if he ever starts talking I will NEVER wish for him to stop." Well, needless to say, that day has officially come. I will now eat those words. Something I've learned children will make you do again and again.

Why, you ask? Why would I ever wish my sweet child would stop chattering so much? Well, let me give you a recap of some of our recent conversations.

Why go to Gigi's house, Mommy?
So that you can play there and I can run some errands.
Why run errands, Mommy?
Because I need to get the car inspected, buy some groceries, pick up the drycleaning--things like that. I'll be back to get you very soon, though.
Why come get me very soon?
Ah! Because I just am going to!

Here's another one. This past weekend Jared fixed our broken toilet.
Why Daddy make mess?
Because he's trying to fix the toilet and some black stuff came off the back of the toilet.
Why black stuff come off the toilet, Mommy?
Because no one ever cleans inside the toilet tank.
Why no one clean inside the toilet tank?
Because it's not necessary!

One more. We were driving by Poppy's office the other day:
Why Poppy go to work?
So that he can make some money.
Why make money?
So that he can pay for things like food, toys and his car.
We get money from machine at bank. Why Poppy not go to bank?
Daddy works so that we can have money in that machine at the bank.
Why daddy go to work, Mommy?

He really is such a little curious george and most of the time I'm happy to appease all of his questions. Sometimes, though, there's nothing wrong with a little quiet time.

1 comment:

Lindsey Long said...

SO funny!!

I'm feeling the same way about Chloe walking that you did about Jackson talking. Will it EVER happen?!?!

Blog Archive